Project Manager – Midwest
A world leader in construction management solutions, has a Project Manager opportunity available in the Midwest region. This is a terrific opportunity for a talented technical operations development professional to join a growing group of committed teammates providing construction management solutions to developers, municipalities, engineers and construction professionals.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall strategic allocation and management of forming assets and associated appurtenances as well as the cultivation and maintenance of precast manufacturer relationships. This position also inherits ‘onsite’ project responsibility from the Sales Engineers shortly after purchase order execution to ultimately ensuring customer satisfaction through to the end of the installation. The Project Manager and Sales will collectively work together, in conjunction with the company sales and operations process, to provide our stake holders the best solution in the industry (civil engineers, developers, municipalities and site work/utility contractors).
- Identify Potential Precast Manufacturers and Manage Existing Manufacturer Relationships, activities include:
- Pricing and Production Negotiations
- Audits of Steel Forms and Precast Products
- Coordination of Production and Delivery
- Ensure Production lead times are consistent with sales commitments
- Introduction, presentation and promotion all current and new products
- Overall Educational Presentations of new and innovative production approaches
- Coordinate and oversee all logistics associated with the installation process including; onsite preconstruction meetings, product delivery logistics, onsite assistance, overall jobsite support, dealing with any onsite logistical or product issues with coordination with the Engineering Department.
- Forge strong relationships with a new and existing customer base from both a precast manufacturer and construction installation level.
- Maintain precast manual and installation manual as an internal control document.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You must possess strong persuasive, influencing and negotiating skills, a high level of self-motivation, creativity in overcoming problems and objections, strong technical aptitude, excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- You are a self-starter, accountable, driven, ethical, hard-working, personable, rejection proof, and work well independently and with others.
- Experience with Project Management and ability to read civil engineering drawings and drafting plans a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Construction Management.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the construction industry, preferably underground utilities sitework or construction related.
- Knowledge of construction methods and ability to read construction drawings.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Project Management/CRM Software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / Office 365 and other standard office software.
- Valid Driver’s License, Current Insurance and a good driving record.
- A complete background check including professional references.
Ability to Travel 75% +
Frequent travel is outside the local area and overnight.
The Company offers a competitive salary and incentive package as well a comprehensive benefit package.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.