StormTrap, a world leader in stormwater management solutions, has a new opportunity available. This is a terrific opportunity for a talented stormwater professional to join a growing group of committed teammates that provide stormwater management solutions to civil engineers, developers, municipalities, and construction professionals.
StormTrap (www.StormTrap.com) is an innovative leader that provides precast concrete stormwater management solutions through patent protected technology applicable to detention, retention and harvesting, treatment solutions for urban runoff and other stormwater quality requirements.
StormTrap is headquartered in suburban Chicago, IL, and provides sustainable stormwater management solutions for low impact development initiatives across the world. As a continuously growing company, we actively recruit bright, results-driven professionals who are motivated by new challenges and the opportunity to succeed. At StormTrap, we’re passionate about what we do and we develop our team members through education and coaching to provide them with opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. Join a team of innovative professionals with a focus on stormwater management, a commitment to our environment and a shared excitement for a sustainable future.
StormTrap is seeking a passionate, organized, and dedicated professional to join our team in a complex multi-stage environment. The Laboratory Manager reports to the Director of Water Quality Technology and assists with the administration and day-to-day management of Product Development (PD) projects. Responsibilities will include multiple aspects such as: participation in strategic planning and priority setting; ensuring that laboratory resources are properly focused and fully utilized; aiding in planning and interpreting experiments; directing the efforts of the laboratory.
The Laboratory Manager also assumes the role of Quality Manager with the responsibility for the development and monitoring of laboratory quality procedures and administrating the overall ISO based quality system.
• Develop experimental plans.
• Assist in the analytical and pilot laboratories as required.
• Interpreting experimental results.
• Interpreting analytical results.
• Preparing technical reports.
• Performing laboratory instrument calibrations.
• Maintaining an ISO based quality system.
• Assist in generating scholarly materials such as white papers, conference abstracts for presentations, webinars, website content, specifications, and technical manuals.
• Monitor industry trends or paradigms to increase business opportunities.
• Professionally represent the Company and establish industry credibility through involvement within industry organizations.
• Strategic mindset focused on how to grow the business and customer experience.
• Solutions oriented with an ability to perform under pressure.
• Consistently follows through on commitments or deadlines.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks while coordinating with multiple departments.
• Possess strong technical aptitude related to stormwater devices and practices.
• Ability to objectively evaluate own strengths and weaknesses for personal development.
• Seeks to continuously improve through learning and understanding.
• Exceptional listening, communication, and written skills.
• Self-starter. Works well independently and within a team.
• Personable, ethical, and positive attitude in any customer or team interactions.
• A degree in science or engineering (or equivalent) plus at least 5-10 years laboratory work experience is required.
• Hydraulics laboratory experience is preferred.
• Ability to conceive of and assist with the construction of prototypes for testing.
• Familiarity with ISO quality standards and ability to maintain an ISO equivalent quality system.
• Ability to travel as required to fulfill the duties as defined above; however, most travel will center on attendance at industry association events/conferences or corporate meetings as planned.
• Ability to commute daily to StormTrap laboratory. Laboratory location will be within North America and location may be determined upon potential candidate pool. Willingness to discuss relocation is preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License, current insurance, and a good driving record.
The Company offers a competitive salary and incentive package as well a comprehensive benefit package. StormTrap, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.