Water Quality Design Representative
StormTrap, a world leader in stormwater management solutions, has a new opportunity available. This is a terrific opportunity for a talented technical sales and business development professional to join a growing group of committed teammates that provide stormwater management solutions to civil engineers, developers, municipalities, and construction professionals.
StormTrap is an innovative leader that provides precast concrete stormwater management solutions through patent protected technology applicable to detention, retention and harvesting, treatment solutions for urban runoff and other stormwater quality requirements.
StormTrap is headquartered in suburban Chicago, IL, and provides sustainable stormwater management solutions for low impact development initiatives across the world. As a continuously growing company, we actively recruit bright, results-driven professionals who are motivated by new challenges and the opportunity to succeed. At StormTrap, we’re passionate about what we do and we develop our team members through education and coaching to provide them with opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. Join a team of innovative professionals with a focus on stormwater management, a commitment to our environment and a shared excitement for the sustainable future.
StormTrap is seeking a passionate, organized, and dedicated water quality professional to join our team in a complex multi-stage environment. The Water Quality Design Representative is responsible for professionally representing the company and assisting in growing the water quality line of business. Responsibilities will include multiple aspects such as: water quality design, generating project specifications, sales and engineering support, and employee education.
- Create accurate project specific designs, drawings, calculations, and specifications for WQ products.
- Support sales team in the design and budgeting of water quality systems to meet project and regulatory requirements.
- Support sales team during the quotation process by reviewing project drawings, specifications, and pricing. Assist generating RFIs when applicable.
- Coordinate with the design and engineering teams on projects when applicable.
- Assist in maintenance of real-time, up-to-date visibility through the company supported CRM system (Salesforce), for water quality opportunities and cases.
- Identify new water quality project opportunities by monitoring plan room postings.
- Assist in generating scholarly materials such as white papers, conference abstracts for presentations, webinars, website content, specifications, and technical manuals.
- Monitor industry trends or paradigms to increase business opportunities.
- Professionally represent the Company and establish industry credibility through involvement within industry organizations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strategic mindset focused on how to grow the business and customer experience.
- Solutions oriented with an ability to perform under pressure.
- Consistently follows through on commitments or deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while coordinating with multiple departments.
- Possess strong technical aptitude related to stormwater devices and practices.
- Ability to objectively evaluate own strengths and weaknesses for personal development.
- Seeks to continuously improve through learning and understanding.
- Exceptional listening, communication, and written skills.
- Self-starter. Works well independently and within a team.
- Personable, ethical, and positive attitude in any customer or team interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Experience with civil engineering plans is preferred
- Proficient with Salesforce or similar CRM, Microsoft Office and other standard office software is preferred
- Experience with drafting software, such as ACAD is required
- Ability to travel as required to fulfill the duties as defined above; however, most
travel will center on attendance at corporate meetings as planned
- Ability to accommodate an in-home office and work environment, fully remote position
- Valid Driver’s License, current insurance and a good driving record
The Company offers a very competitive salary and incentive package as well a comprehensive benefit package. StormTrap, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.