Water Quality Operations Manager
StormTrap, a world leader in stormwater management solutions, has a Water Quality Operations Manager opportunity available. This is a terrific opportunity for a talented well-organized professional to join a growing group of committed teammates that provide stormwater management solutions to civil engineers, developers, municipalities, and construction professionals.
StormTrap (www.StormTrap.com) is an innovative leader that provides precast concrete stormwater management solutions through patent protected technology applicable to detention, retention and harvesting, treatment solutions for urban runoff and other stormwater quality requirements.
StormTrap is headquartered in suburban Chicago, IL, and provides sustainable stormwater management solutions for low impact development initiatives across the world. As a continuously growing company, we actively recruit bright, results-driven professionals who are motivated by new challenges and the opportunity to succeed. At StormTrap, we’re passionate about what we do, and we develop our team members through education and coaching to provide them with opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. Join a team of innovative professionals with a focus on stormwater management, a commitment to our environment and a shared excitement for the sustainable future.
StormTrap is looking for an individual with experience managing multiple projects and a wide array of responsibilities throughout the day in a fast-paced environment. This position will interact directly with customers as well as collaborating with multiple departments within the company. The Water Quality Operations Manager (WQOM) is responsible for onsite project management and coordination between customer and manufacturers. The Water Quality Operations Manager will report to the Water Quality General Manager.
Top candidates will possess an excellent work ethic, positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and meticulous organizational skills.
- Manage manufacturer/vendor relationships; activities include:
- Pricing and production negotiations
- Perform quarterly physical inventory audits of equipment, assets, and raw materials.
- Ensure production lead times are consistent with sales commitments
- Lead coordination of production, delivery, and equipment startup activities
- Coordinate and oversee all logistics associated with the manufacturing, installation, and equipment startup process; activities include:
- Assist during the quotation process by reviewing project drawings, specifications, and pricing. Assist generating RFIs when applicable.
- Maintain item codes, inventory levels, pricing, and costs for water quality products.
- Prepare timely and accurate purchase orders and sales orders
- Lead onsite preconstruction meetings
- Product delivery logistics
- Provide logistical, installation, and overall onsite support
- Manage any onsite logistical or product issues by coordinating with multiple departments
- Forge strong relationships with new and existing customers, vendors, and partners
- Maintain internal control documents such as fabrication and installation manuals
- Maintain real-time, up-to-date visibility through the company supported CRM system (Salesforce), including data entry, forecasting, and activity tracking.
- Coordinate the fabrication and delivery process for StormTrap water quality products as well as partner water quality products
- Assist the finance department with reporting and billing as needed.
- Assist with StormTrap research and development projects and new product implementation as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional listening, communication, and written skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while coordinating with multiple departments.
- Solutions oriented with an ability to perform under pressure.
- Consistently follows through on commitments or deadlines.
- Self-starter. Works well independently and within a team.
- Personable, ethical, and positive attitude in any customer or team interactions.
- Ability to objectively evaluate own strengths and weaknesses for personal development.
- Seeks to continuously improve through learning and understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction management, engineering, or a related field, is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the construction industry; preferably with a focus on underground utility sitework or stormwater related experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of construction methods and ability to read construction drawings.
- Proficient with Salesforce or similar CRM, Microsoft Office and other standard office software.
- Ability to accommodate an in-home office and work environment.
- Ability to travel as required to fulfill the duties as defined above.
- Valid Driver’s License, current insurance and a good driving record.
The Company offers a very competitive salary and incentive package as well a comprehensive benefit package. StormTrap, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.